Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello Kitty Cake



Who doesn't love Hello Kitty? Seriously. She is so cute and those two beady eyes and nose... Whats not to love?

    For this Hello Kitty cake I layered vanilla cake and homemade strawberry frosting to build up the height and her shape. When it was the shape of an circle with ears I started shaving down the sides with a serrated knife. Then I frosted it with my homemade butter cream (recipe here) frosting and made it as smooth as possible. I then put the cake in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden it up a bit. 
   
     I frosted it a second time, rolled out a piece of fondant (large enough to cover the entire cake and about 1/4'' thick) and placed it over the top. I smoothed it out with my hands as needed and trimmed away the excess with a paring knife. I added gel food coloring to a small portion of fondant for the pink hibiscus flower and yellow for the center and added them. A small amount of black was made for her eyes and whiskers.
  
           She turned out so cute it was hard to cut and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment