Monday, October 25, 2010

Chelsey's Homemade Frosting!















Shhhh, the secret is out! I am sharing my  (extremely easy) but still famous butter cream recipe! I prefer to use a hand mixer but sometimes I will use my Bosch. 
This IS the signature recipe that I use on all of my cakes and sweets. Good luck, post if you have any questions!


INGREDIENTS:
1 package powdered sugar (16 ounces)
4 sticks butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS: 
Beat butter and vanilla with electric mixer at low speed until well blended and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar and incorporate before adding more. After all has been added you may add cocoa powder, any flavored extracts or food coloring to make it fun.

2 comments:

  1. How much cocoa powder would you say for this size batch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on how much chocolate you want to taste. For this batch I would start with a 1/4 cup and and keep adding until I liked the flavor. The secret to any tasty frosting is TASTE, TASTE, TASTE. :)

    ReplyDelete